Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Dedicated to DeVito

On Thursday, February 4, 2010, BU sophomore Mike DeVito passed away. He was my friend...

Though we had lost touch since becoming good friends during our first year of college, Mike's death has had a huge impact on me. The tragedy opened my eyes. I cannot even imagine the pain and sorrow that his family and closest friends are experiencing during this difficult time.

So, I want to dedicate my latest blog to Michael with a short poem, a good quote, and a few pictures. Even if you did not know this wonderful spirit, please take a moment to think about him, those who were close to him, and remember that life is something no one should take for granted.

* * *

Each day a blessing.
Each breath a gift.
My fragile heart,
To you I lift.

A name I will remember.
A laugh I can't forget.
Not hugging you goodbye,
Is the one thing I regret.

Now the light has faded-
No glimmer from your smile.
This friendship put on hold,
If only for awhile.

But now you are our angel.
May you watch us from above.
Rest easy amongst the stars,
For it is you we will always love.

Rest in Peace, Michael Peter DeVito
April 30, 1990 - February 4, 2010


* * *

"To live in hearts we leave behind
Is not to die."
~Thomas Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment